Saturday, February 26, 2011

Questions with so many answers

Today, I would like to share with you some of the questions I regularly get asked:

  • My child is 3 now, how should I tell him/hers/ about the adoption?
  • When is a good time to start telling my child s/he is adopted?
  • We are a gay couple, who will help us to adopt?
  • I am a single person.  Will I be elegible to adopt on my own?
  • I only want a white baby.  Is there any chance of this in South Africa?
  • What rights does the birth mom have after the adoption is done?
  • Will I be able to love a child that I haven't given birth to?
  • What's best...private adoption or child welfare?
  • I am over 38 years.  Can I adopt?
  • How old will my baby be when I get him / her?


Depending on who you talk to, the answers to these questions can differ quite substantially.  My message....if you are out there and you want to adopt, keep asking and asking until you get the answer you are happy with.

On another note, a HUGE HUGE thank you to Kirsten Felbert who has designed my logo...see below and is busy re-illustrating my book.
She is a very talented, special lady!  Thanks Kirsten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment